June 19, 2017
We are a Canadian boutique environmental consultancy, entrepreneurial in its essence. Recognized as leaders in our industry -and specialists in providing environmental support to the renewables sector across Canada – we partner with clients to make a difference across the globe. Hemmera recognizes that every individual’s contribution is essential to The Hemmera Way.
Diversity is integral to who we are, and how we work together. At Hemmera we support and promote a welcoming, inclusive workplace in which our individual differences are valued. We offer a flexible work environment, a competitive compensation and bonus structure, and the opportunity for innovation, collaboration, and ownership of projects.
To support our growing business in the Calgary & Prairies Region we are looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent technical and interpersonal skills to work with our talented team in delivering outstanding service to our clients. The successful candidate will be an intermediate to senior biologist with experience in the field of terrestrial biology. This position will work on a variety projects, including transportation, renewable/alternative energy, and oil and gas projects.
- Manages projects from proposal generation to the delivery of quality reports.
- Manages or contributes at a leadership level to the compilation and writing of regulatory submissions
- Leads terrestrial habitat and biota assessments and inventories
- Application and methodologies / techniques for field studies
- Data analysis, report preparation and management
- Marketing Hemmera’s full range of services, including planning services, to existing and potential clients through client meetings, participation in workshops, conferences, etc.
- Identifying new/potential Hemmera clients and assisting in marketing and business development activities related to attracting new clients.
- Developing strategic business partnerships that support the development of Hemmera’s wildlife biology and environmental planning services.
- Train and mentor junior staff
- B.Sc. or equivalent
- 5 years minimum practical experience as a consultant
- Project management experience in medium sized or larger projects (>$100K)
- Significant experience or specialization in at least one of the following:
- Environmental Impact Assessments, Wildlife Biology and baseline studies, Riparian Health Assessments, Vegetation/rare plant surveys and/or Wetland Assessment, Regulatory engagement and approvals.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
Other desirable qualifications and experience include:
- M.Sc. or equivalent
- P.Ag., P.Biol. and/or R.P.Biol. professional certifications, PMP Certification
- Experience or specialization in Environmental Impact Assessments, Wildlife Biology and baseline studies, Riparian Health Assessments, Vegetation/rare plant surveys and/or Wetland Assessment
- Regulatory experience/support for Renewable Resources (wind, solar) projects including baseline studies and navigating AUC applications and approvals
- Species at Risk (SARA) experience
If interested, please apply online.
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants; however, only selected individuals will be contacted for interviews.
Powered by Finanznachrichten