February 20, 2018
Powering Possibilities …for Today & Tomorrow!
A leader in sustainable energy, TransAlta has over 100 years of experience generating power and is one of Canada’s top 50 Socially Responsible Companies since 2009, recognized as a global leader for sustainability and corporate responsibility standards. TransAlta operates 75 facilities in three countries; Australia, Canada, and United States.
TransAlta is committed to fostering a dynamic, productive and safe work environment. Our employees contribute to a diverse, open, and transparent culture with clear accountability, strong leadership and challenging opportunities for personal career growth.
This position exists to identify and implement Safety strategies, processes, and policies to support safe, compliant and cost effective Wind and Solar operations, which includes Ontario (Wolfe Island and Melancthon), Quebec (Le Nordex), and Alberta (Pincher Creek and Fort McLeod). This role is accountable to ensure the portfolio adheres to TransAlta’s operating model, and complies with TransAlta’s EHS policies. This role provides leadership in conformance to existing safety standards, and identifies actions to improve the safety culture and safe work practices of Stratum 2 Supervisors and Stratum 1 technicians and operators.
The purpose of this position is to implement a consistent and coordinated set of Safety and Regulatory standards across the Wind and Solar fleet that ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and TransAlta safe work standards. The services provided through this role will be to the benefit of the Wind and Solar fleet, with ultimate direction from and accountability to the corporate EHS team.
- Accountable to champion a culture of safety excellence while adhering to safe work practices, procedures, standards and policies. Serve as the primary point of contact for Wind and Solar personnel regarding Health & Safety issues.
- Accountable to developing action plans to identify changes to policies, objectives, system components or corrective and preventative actions, and ensure that these action plans are capable of producing the agreed deliverables.
- Accountable to ensuring Health & Safety programs and procedures are implemented and adhered to with demonstrated competencies and compliance across all Wind and Solar sites, in accordance with regulations and corporate requirements.
- Accountable to play an active role in identifying safety risks and implement strategies to minimize and control hazards and impacts and monitoring of Enterprise Electronic Management Database (Synergi) report entering and completion.
- Accountable to proactively identify EHS issues, bring them to the attention of the Wind Supervisors, and cooperate in identifying action plans to address these issues.
- Accountable to conduct planned inspections at Wind facilities and initiate action plans to correct any deficiencies, in particular in coordination with audit teams and their findings.
- Accountable to support the Stratum 2 Supervisors to ensure teams are effectively following EHS policies and regulations.
- Accountable to participate on Safety incident investigation teams; help identify corrective action plans arising from root cause analysis, and ensure compliance with corrective actions are obtained.
- Accountable to identify opportunities for EHS Management System improvements for the implementation of corporate policies and standards.
- Accountable to establish a collaborative work environment within the team, peers, stakeholders and support groups to ensure issues may be resolved in a professional and productive manner.
- Accountable to uphold TransAlta values, thereby maintaining and enhancing reputation and stakeholder relations.
- Appropriate safety certification in a related discipline with 5 years of related progressive experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within own discipline and knowledge of others.
- A thorough knowledge of safety theory and practice, particularly in the areas of the electrical industry.
- Knowledge of what constitutes a strong safety culture and how to sustain and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Experience with contractor safety management and practices.
- Assist with procurement processes and vendor qualifications.
- Strong understanding of how related teams coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve objectives.
- A proven ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills; this ability must be evident within one’s own team as well as within the organization overall.
- A strong communicator with a proven ability to successfully influence solid management decisions.
- Fluent Bilingual speaker for giving direct communication in both English and French is an asset.
- Develop, implement and manage the safety programs as approved by corporate services.
- Monitor, analyze and forecast operations Health & Safety performance.
- Identify and mitigate risks / realize opportunities.
- Operate successfully in a multi-tasking environment with changing priorities.
- Identify and implement business and / or productivity improvement initiatives.
Our comprehensive and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, incentive and rewards programs form the foundation of TransAlta’s excellent employment proposition.
Come on board! Please click here to apply for this position.
Our commitment is to attract and retain the best talent. Some positions may require the successful completion of one or more background checks such as criminal, medical, or compliance. If these verifications are needed, they will be indicated on the job posting.
Powered by Finanznachrichten