November 6, 2017
Oversees construction of the enitre project and coordinate all construction activity on site, electrical, mechanical, civil and may include overhead line installation work. Manages discipline managers of each activity to ensure safe completion of project.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.
- Ensures new hires receive job- and task-specific training prior to work commencing.
- Leads and support the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Strengthen and continually maintain client relationship.
- Ensures daily activities are planned to meet project schedule.
- Responds to all issues onsite during construction to ensuire safe progress is made giving craft and subcontractors clear direction on how to proceed.
- Provides information about site activities including routing, fence crossings, traffic flow, water flow, moving farm animals, and hazards for the landowners on the site.
- Sets up initial layout and site infrastructure services to include water, power, internet and office trailers and required facilities.
- Schedules and ensures appropriate staffing for daily construction activities with employees and sub-contractors.
- Ensures construction disciplines are coordinating daily functions to minimize schedule conflicts.
- Identifies potential schedule changes, workflow and staffing issues.
- Recommends and evaluates sub-contractors for use on projects.
- Monitors the construction site to oversee work in progress.
- Directs, guides, and coaches Superintendents, Discipline Managers and Craft to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Assists with managing site personnel.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensures that project is utilizing Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Performs audit functions to ensure compliance.
- Leads Plan of the Day Meeting.
- Supports the PM and APM for required management coverage.
- Identifies and mitigates potential employee relations issues.
- Ensures sub-contractors are monitored on site.
- Manages quality control program to ensure processes are implemented according to the plan and are consistent.
- Provides the required documents, drawings and other forms to active projects for monitoring and maintaining the EMS.
- Supports developing projects to complete all required permitting activities before commencement.
- Ensures training is provided and certifications are maintained on field staff to comply with EMS requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Interpretation of a project schedule
- Safety and OSHA requirements
- Relationship building
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and task direction
- Adaptability to environment’
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Interpretation of scopes of work
- Project permits
- Team building
- Mentor and facilitator
- Decision making
- Understanding environmental conepts including permit requirements
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Contract Management
- Sub-contractor and vendor and materials management
- Construction drawing review
- Drawing Quantity Takeoff
- Communication, leading meetings, engaging teams, public speaking, presentations
- Writing skills
Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Project Management
- Creating logical and resource-loaded project schedules
- Budget Analysis and Controls
- Estimating work efforts
- Change orders
- QA/QC processes
- Development of processes and procedures
- Continuous improvement such as Lean, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management
- Project Finance
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, Visio)
Basic level of knowledge in:
- Engineering Management
- Scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera 6)
- High School diploma.
- Bilingual in French / English
- 5-10 years field experience in renewables, utility work or heavy construction projects.
- OSHA 10 and/or 30 certification preferred.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel across Canada with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included. Occassional travel to US may be required.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.
Click here to apply for this position: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=15641471
Powered by Suchmaschinenoptimierung